One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A North American shrub of the rose family, with white flowers and red autumn foliage, cultivated as an ornamental.
Genus "Aronia", family "Rosaceae"
- ‘Other shrubs with showy berries include viburnum species, firethorn, Aucuba japonica, barberry, cotoneaster, chokeberry and Skimmia japonica.’
- ‘Plant lower-growing, berry-laden shrubs, such as winterberry and chokeberry, as a bridge from the trees to ground covers.’
- ‘Although we did not measure stem heights in our study, we have observed that red chokeberry is often taller than black chokeberry at this site.’
- ‘These included such hardy species as red chokeberry, buttonbush, spicebush and red twig dogwood.’
- ‘Shrubs - witch hazel, chokeberry, hydrangea, blueberry, sumac - added to the strange verisimilitude.’
- 1.1 The bitter scarlet berry-like fruit of the chokeberry.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.