One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fungal disease affecting field and broad beans, characterized by dark brown spots on all parts of the plant.
This is caused by the fungus Botrytis fabae, subdivision Deuteromycotina (or Ascomycotina)
- ‘A rapid in-vitro assay has also been developed for screening faba beans for resistance to chocolate spot disease.’
- ‘The focus here is on chocolate spot of Vicia beans caused by both B. fabae and B. cinerea.’
- ‘The chocolate spot pathogen causes small, circular brown spots of dead tissue on the leaves.’
- ‘The rapid development of chocolate spot is favoured by wet humid weather.’
- ‘Folicur is recommended for chocolate spot and rust.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.