Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A fungal disease affecting field and broad beans, characterized by dark brown spots on all parts of the plant.
- ‘Folicur is recommended for chocolate spot and rust.’
- ‘The focus here is on chocolate spot of Vicia beans caused by both B. fabae and B. cinerea.’
- ‘The rapid development of chocolate spot is favoured by wet humid weather.’
- ‘The chocolate spot pathogen causes small, circular brown spots of dead tissue on the leaves.’
- ‘A rapid in-vitro assay has also been developed for screening faba beans for resistance to chocolate spot disease.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.