One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fungal disease affecting field and broad beans, characterized by dark brown spots on all parts of the plant.
- ‘The chocolate spot pathogen causes small, circular brown spots of dead tissue on the leaves.’
- ‘A rapid in-vitro assay has also been developed for screening faba beans for resistance to chocolate spot disease.’
- ‘Folicur is recommended for chocolate spot and rust.’
- ‘The rapid development of chocolate spot is favoured by wet humid weather.’
- ‘The focus here is on chocolate spot of Vicia beans caused by both B. fabae and B. cinerea.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.