One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A synthetic drug used to treat fluid retention and high blood pressure.
- ‘Thiazide and thiazide-like agents (chlorothiazide, hydrochlorothiazide, metolazone) act on the distal convoluted tubule.’
- ‘Adding metolazone or chlorothiazide 500 mg IV to furosemide may generate additional diuresis.’
- ‘Following the addition of chlorothiazide 500 mg/d to her therapy, her previously stable serum lithium level increased from 1.2 to 2.5 mEq/l at a lithium carbonate maintenance dose of 1800 mg/d.’
- ‘Drugs such as alkylating agents, antimetabolites, anticonvulsants, chlorothiazide diuretics and estrogens can inhibit platelet production by suppressing megakaryocyte production. (2,3)’
- ‘Thiazide diuretics, such as chlorothiazide and hydrochlorothiazide, may be excreted unchanged in the urine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.