One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lower plant of the division Chlorophyta, which comprises the green algae.
- ‘For example, replacement of diatoms with chlorophytes will alter cycling of silica because diatoms require silica and chlorophytes do not.’
- ‘For example, diatoms generally have a lower phosphorus requirement than chlorophytes.’
- ‘In general, diatoms and chlorophytes had much higher biovolume than cyanobacteria and chrysophytes.’
- ‘The plastids of rhodophytes, chlorophytes, and glaucophytes are surrounded by two membranes and probably directly derived from a cyanobacterial ancestor and are thus called primary plastids.’
- ‘The upstream and freshwater sections of these rivers are dominated by an assemblage of chlorophytes, diatoms, and cyanoprokaryotes (cyanobacteria).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.