One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Interaction of Cl 2 with oxides of nitrogen may also occur, causing the chlorination and nitration of various amino acid residues, particularly tyrosine.’
- ‘Hydrogen sulfide may be reduced or removed by shock chlorination, water heater modification, activated carbon filtration, oxidizing filtration or oxidizing chemical injection.’
- ‘Simple organohalogens may be produced synthetically from the radical chlorination / bromination of saturated alkanes.’
- ‘Iodination or chlorination is acceptable but does not kill Cryptosporidium or Cyclospora, and increased contact time is required to kill Giardia in cold or turbid water.’
- ‘Some municipal water users sometimes switch to harvested rainwater as a way to avoid chlorination and fluoridation treatments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.