One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a group of antiseptics and disinfectants which are sulphonamide derivatives containing chlorine bonded to nitrogen.‘compounds such as chloramines’mass noun ‘chloramine is sometimes found in tap water’
- ‘Many municipal water companies add chloramine (a combination of these chemicals), which is very toxic to fish.’
- ‘Before you add fish, test city water for chlorine dioxide and chloramine, both of which can be treated with chemicals purchased at a nursery or pet shop.’
- ‘In Washington, the chloramines also caused lead to leach out of service lines, water meters, plumbing with lead solder and brass faucets that contain lead.’
- ‘Find out from your water supply co if both chlorine and chloramines are added.’
- ‘This nascent bleach can also react with primary or secondary amines to form longer lasting, antimicrobial chloramines.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.