One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a group of antiseptics and disinfectants which are sulphonamide derivatives containing chlorine bonded to nitrogen.‘compounds such as chloramines’mass noun ‘chloramine is sometimes found in tap water’
- ‘This nascent bleach can also react with primary or secondary amines to form longer lasting, antimicrobial chloramines.’
- ‘Many municipal water companies add chloramine (a combination of these chemicals), which is very toxic to fish.’
- ‘Before you add fish, test city water for chlorine dioxide and chloramine, both of which can be treated with chemicals purchased at a nursery or pet shop.’
- ‘In Washington, the chloramines also caused lead to leach out of service lines, water meters, plumbing with lead solder and brass faucets that contain lead.’
- ‘Find out from your water supply co if both chlorine and chloramines are added.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.