One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cytotoxic drug used in the treatment of cancer.
- ‘Methotrexate and chlorambucil have been used as steroid-sparing agents, but have toxicities of their own.’
- ‘Prednisone, methotrexate, and cyclophosphamide or chlorambucil are drugs which can be used to help stop the scar formation in the lungs.’
- ‘This review focuses on the most commonly used and accepted chemotherapy agents in the treatment of these diseases: cyclophosphamide, chlorambucil, and methotrexate.’
- ‘Combinations of chlorambucil, Prednisone or cyclophosphamide and a new drug Fludarabine are used in treatment.’
- ‘The patient's treatment included chlorambucil and radiolabeled rituximab.’
1950s: from chlor(oethyl)am(inophenyl)bu(tyric acid), the systematic name, + -cil.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.