One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘Oh, and if ancient history was a shape,’ added a classicist chirpily, ‘what shape might that be?’’
- ‘‘Yes, please,’ I replied, as chirpily as I could muster to what seemed like a really dumb question.’
- ‘He was chirpily defiant, shouting his innocence through the corridors, before asking me: ‘All right, mate?’’
- ‘‘Five points, that's what we will win by in the end,’ one of them chirpily states.’
- ‘With ‘5pm to 9pm’ being quite a broad time span, I told myself chirpily, the delivery would probably happen around 7pm and I would get home only half an hour or so later than usual.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.