One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A practitioner of the system of complementary medicine based on the diagnosis and manipulative treatment of misalignments of the joints.
- ‘Chiropractors are the largest source of office-based care in the United States that does not involve a physician.’
- ‘This concern for her people is her reason for returning to college to become a chiropractor.’
- ‘The chiropractors, almost from the beginning, have been characterized by strong divisions.’
- ‘The most popular alternative therapy for back pain is spinal manipulation, usually performed by chiropractors.’
- ‘The committee is comprised of six chiropractors, four other healthcare professionals, and one public adviser.’
Early 20th century: from chiro- ‘hand’ + Greek praktikos ‘practical’, from prattein ‘do’, + -or.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.