One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system of complementary medicine based on the diagnosis and manipulative treatment of misalignments of the joints, especially those of the spinal column, which are believed to cause other disorders by affecting the nerves, muscles, and organs.
- ‘Other forms of complementary therapy include acupuncture and chiropractic care.’
- ‘It was the beginning of a new phase in chiropractic and complementary healthcare!’
- ‘The most serious potential risks of chiropractic and osteopathy are spinal cord injury or stroke after manipulation of the neck.’
- ‘Other health care-related professions incorporate massage, including nursing, physical therapy, chiropractic, and osteopathy.’
- ‘Marma therapy predates similar practices like acupuncture, acupressure, reiki and chiropractic.’
- ‘These include physiotherapy, chiropractic, massage and Pilates.’
- ‘Many of their clients, like Ewald himself, had tried other traditional avenues of medical and chiropractic treatment - without success.’
- ‘Acupuncture or chiropractic treatments may help your headaches.’
- ‘The fact is that the vast majority of those who use alternative medicine are having fairly mainstream therapies like massage and chiropractic.’
- ‘Other useful complementary treatments include acupuncture, chiropractic, yoga and hypnosis.’
- ‘Holistic healing modalities include acupuncture, chiropractic, homeopathy, and if indicated, conventional medications and surgery.’
- ‘The holistic approach includes procedures such as acupuncture, chiropractic, homeopathy, and herbalogy.’
- ‘It was the legislative frameworks for the complementary therapists in osteopathy and chiropractic which initiated the new approach.’
- ‘I've been careful to take care of my body with massages and chiropractic sessions and treatment and all types of things.’
- ‘The options include physiotherapy, massage, yoga, chiropractic, acupuncture and work on improving posture.’
- ‘We prefer the view taken by Dr. Brown to that of Dr. Stick - that the assertion that chiropractic strengthens the immune system is not a fact, but a contention.’
- ‘The first ones he wrote were for massage therapy and chiropractic.’
- ‘Not happy to take anything lying down, I began extensive therapy, going alternatively for acupuncture and chiropractic treatments.’
- ‘Physical modalities, including yoga, massage, biofeedback, acupuncture, and chiropractic can also be of help.’
- ‘Finding appropriate placebos or shams for treatments such as acupuncture, chiropractic, massage therapy, or complex herbal mixtures is challenging.’
Late 19th century: from chiro- ‘hand’ + Greek praktikos ‘practical’, from prattein ‘do’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.