One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is supposedly able to predict a person's future by interpreting the lines on the palms of their hands.
clairvoyant, crystal gazer, psychic, prophet, forecaster of the future, seer, oracle, soothsayer, prognosticator, prophesier, augur, diviner, sibylView synonyms
- ‘He claims that Thomas Becket consulted a chiromancer before setting out on an expedition against the inhabitants of North.’
- ‘In October 1656, Morin was told by a chiromancer that the following month would be fatal to him.’
- ‘This chiromancer, when he understood the king's wish, took hold of his hand and examined with the greatest care all the lines he could trace there.’
- ‘A chiromancer looked at the forehead and hand of the boy, and predicted that ‘in short time he would make extraordinary proficience in the mercurial arts'.’
- ‘Doctor Sax is the caped fighter against these evils (chiromancer, alchemist of the night, and friend of the children).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.