One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The residually oral subcultures of the chirographic culture were composed of residually tribal people.’
- ‘In Orality and Literacy, Ong is careful to trace distinctions between oral, chirographic, manuscript, and print culture.’
- ‘As Caesar complains, a move to a chirographic culture changes how that culture views and uses memory.’
- ‘That is, all knowledge is mediated via either typographic or chirographic words on a page, or even on a screen.’
- ‘Brian Stock describes the chirographic culture as the ‘textual community’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.