One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The residually oral subcultures of the chirographic culture were composed of residually tribal people.’
- ‘As Caesar complains, a move to a chirographic culture changes how that culture views and uses memory.’
- ‘That is, all knowledge is mediated via either typographic or chirographic words on a page, or even on a screen.’
- ‘Brian Stock describes the chirographic culture as the ‘textual community’.’
- ‘In Orality and Literacy, Ong is careful to trace distinctions between oral, chirographic, manuscript, and print culture.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.