Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A collection of integrated circuits which are designed to function together as a unit, especially to perform a particular task within a computer system.
- ‘This involved the more lucrative - in the short term, at least - option of manufacturing chipsets.’
- ‘Both chipsets are actually single chip designs that lower latency and reduce system cost.’
- ‘The CD player chipsets support three-beam pick-up head models from eight leading manufacturers.’
- ‘New chipsets will also enable the cost for separates to fall.’
- ‘Anderson bet me that in five years time, there will be more 802.11 chipsets then there will be mobile phone chipsets.’
- ‘Dell is concerned that an instability within the chipset can cause the system to crash under heavy graphics load.’
- ‘The chipset and motherboard are designed by Bechtolsheim's skunkworks team.’
- ‘Overall, we'll check out how well these chipsets would perform in a home computer.’
- ‘It took years before new games used features offered by the latest graphic chipsets.’
- ‘The builders are wondering whether any systems incorporating the chipset will fall between two price points.’
- ‘This should make for better performance than competing chipsets which put each pair of installed modules on the same bus.’
- ‘All these facts mean that we will see more new chipsets with integrated graphics in the near future.’
- ‘Unit pricing for complete chipsets will begin at $30 in sample quantities.’
- ‘These let the device work with baseband chipsets without demanding special hardware signal processing algorithms.’
- ‘The advanced properties will open and you should see a tab at the top listing the chipset of your video card.’
- ‘The current generation of chipsets and motherboards are tapped out as far as memory bandwidth goes.’
- ‘Modern motherboard chipsets will boot from a CD-ROM more easily than a floppy diskette.’
- ‘Both chipsets feature integrated video as well as stand-alone AGP slots.’
- ‘It's unlikely that the CPU or the motherboard chipset will be the bottleneck in either case.’
- ‘Save for a couple of annoying cases, the integrated chipsets rendered the scene well enough.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.