One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘To me, this smacks of total chintziness, and lack of prioritizing.’
- ‘Welles' performance as the towering, regal Arkadin - complete with a wobbly Russian accent - is just one grandiose element that obscures the relative chintziness of the production.’
- ‘There's a sort of chintziness of spirit at work there.’
- ‘The menu design is loud, colorful, and kind of slapped together, but goes along with the whole live-to-tape chintziness of the sitcom itself.’
- ‘Her paintings revel in the gaudy chintziness of American commercial spaces, yet through her uncertain and reverently childlike rendering she makes such scenes seem appealing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.