One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There's a sort of chintziness of spirit at work there.’
- ‘Her paintings revel in the gaudy chintziness of American commercial spaces, yet through her uncertain and reverently childlike rendering she makes such scenes seem appealing.’
- ‘The menu design is loud, colorful, and kind of slapped together, but goes along with the whole live-to-tape chintziness of the sitcom itself.’
- ‘To me, this smacks of total chintziness, and lack of prioritizing.’
- ‘Welles' performance as the towering, regal Arkadin - complete with a wobbly Russian accent - is just one grandiose element that obscures the relative chintziness of the production.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.