One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Even an American is included: Winslow Homer, rather chintzily represented by two wood engravings from Harper's Weekly: one depicting a Parisian ball; the other, students copying paintings at the Louvre.’
- ‘It actually becomes a truly chilling, beyond-twisted junk film that never ceases to amaze in its chintzily charming, visually inspired, and honestly whorish way.’
- ‘I don't think anyone was expecting Meredith, Derek, Burke, Cristina, Izzie, George, bartender Joe, and the Chief to face off in a festive Turkey Bowl or anything as chintzily holiday-themed as that.’
- ‘Rooms are spacey and plushly - if slightly chintzily - decorated and the main part of the Hall includes a swimming pool and spa, drawing room, dining room, bar, ¿ la carte restaurant and nightclub.’
- ‘I find it easy to believe that the sisters’ small French town looked something like this, and that the houses they worked in felt this chintzily dull and gray.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.