One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- former term for kiwi fruit
- ‘I read in trade magazines just the other day that the Chinese - from whence kiwi-fruit came; it was originally the Chinese gooseberry - are getting into the market in a big way themselves.’
- ‘Kiwifruit, also known as Chinese gooseberry, can be grown just about anywhere in North America.’
- ‘The kiwi fruit, originally known as the Chinese gooseberry, was renamed to reflect its connection with New Zealand.’
- ‘Kiwifruit used to be known as Chinese gooseberries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.