One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It was a very proud moment when, just before graduation, I put my name up on the wall with all of the other previous chimers.’
- ‘For over eighty years generations of parishioners, since 1924, the chimers have climbed these long stairs to ring the chimes to world.’
- ‘Third, as shown in the following billboards, some chimers may be tinkling the bells of inappropriate servers.’
- ‘The most surreal presence was a black-and-white monitor of the conductor, there for the benefit of the backstage conductress to direct a chimer who had to ape the sounds of church bells.’
- ‘Luckily, it's one of those funky wireless contraptions, so we can put the chimer anywhere in the apartment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.