One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It was a very proud moment when, just before graduation, I put my name up on the wall with all of the other previous chimers.’
- ‘Luckily, it's one of those funky wireless contraptions, so we can put the chimer anywhere in the apartment.’
- ‘Third, as shown in the following billboards, some chimers may be tinkling the bells of inappropriate servers.’
- ‘For over eighty years generations of parishioners, since 1924, the chimers have climbed these long stairs to ring the chimes to world.’
- ‘The most surreal presence was a black-and-white monitor of the conductor, there for the benefit of the backstage conductress to direct a chimer who had to ape the sounds of church bells.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.