One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘If your notion of nirvana is a chillum and a chill-out zone, you won't want to find yourself stranded in a resort full of retirees.’
- ‘I sat down next to a local transvestite who offered me some chillum to smoke.’
- ‘I personally knew somebody who was in the Afghanni hills with the Mujaheddin at the time of the late Civil War - he shared chillums with them when they were shelling Russian airplanes - mad one.’
- ‘Justin sat silhouetted against the river bank, gaping at a bunch of Naga sadhus smoking chillum.’
- 1.1 A small pipe used for smoking cannabis.
- ‘Myself and about 6 or 7 close friends were all in Bruce's study with Tim, passing around my chillum filled with herb grown by my hands (a bit of gloating here).’
- ‘The chillum pipe passes from one hand to the other, welcomed eagerly by glazed eyes and parched lips, with that booming thanksgiving note, ‘Boom Shankar’!’
- ‘They are sitting on a log, munching on nachos, cracking open a few cans of Pnakotikmanuskriptenbrau and passing around a chillum full of industrial strength Moroccan slate.’’
- ‘A couple of the photos show Buju burning his chillum pipe.’
- ‘There are also reports of how youngsters in Jammu city are being lured towards these chillum smoking sadhus who have free access to intoxicants.’
From Hindi cilam.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.