One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hot-tasting spice made from ground dried red chillies, sometimes with other spices.
- ‘If you like your chocolate in a more condensed form, the pastry chef, Alex Asteinza, has constructed a round little ganache spiced with chili powder and a sweet sauce made from burnt oranges.’
- ‘Add the chopped green chillies, red chilli powder, garam masala and ground ginger, and mash together.’
- ‘Its flavor is rounded out with pomegranate seeds, dried mango peel, black peppercorns, toasted cumin, coriander, red chili powder and white pepper.’
- ‘Shichimi is a spice blend that contains sesame seeds, dried seaweed, dried tangerine peel, chili powder and poppy seeds.’
- ‘Let's see there's cumin, and chili powder, and cayenne pepper, and red pepper flakes, and salt.’
- ‘In a small bowl, combine sugar, paprika, salt, pepper, cumin, chilli powder and garlic.’
- ‘Next, place the stockpot over low heat and add canned tomatoes, tomatoes with their liquid, fresh tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, oregano, basil, pepper, salt, fennel and parsley.’
- ‘Add the cumin, cayenne, chili powder, and coffee and cook until aromatic.’
- ‘Most barbecue sauces are tomato-based and encompass a myriad of spices such as chili powder, paprika, and cumin.’
- ‘Plus, Dan coats the chicken with a terrific rub that features cumin, brown sugar, chili powder and other flavors.’
- ‘He went back for the very hot and spicy marinated chicken and opted for quite different oils and sauces - hot chilli, jalapenos and Cajun chilli powder.’
- ‘The flavor profile became more obviously Southwestern with the addition of cilantro, cumin, and chili powder.’
- ‘Liking our food a little spicier, we increased the amount of garlic, chili powder, and cumin.’
- ‘Johanna came round and for a change I cooked for her, a nice curry, having found garam masala and chilli powder in the local supermarket.’
- ‘Add the ground masala, chilli powder and garam masala powder, and fry till it is well roasted and the oil separates.’
- ‘No need for any seasoning in my opinion, but adjust to your own taste with salt, pepper, chili powder…’
- ‘For a milder flavour replace chilli powder with ground paprika.’
- ‘Indian food is prepared with a variety of spices, including cumin, turmeric, chili powder, ginger, and garlic.’
- ‘Choubritsa is a powdered mixture of dried winter savory, cumin, fenugreek, salt, pepper, and occasionally chilli powder.’
- ‘Basil, oregano, parsley, red pepper and chili powder are all great ways to flavor a dish without adding calories, carbs or fat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.