One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hot-tasting spice made from ground dried red chillies, sometimes with other spices.
- ‘Next, place the stockpot over low heat and add canned tomatoes, tomatoes with their liquid, fresh tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, oregano, basil, pepper, salt, fennel and parsley.’
- ‘No need for any seasoning in my opinion, but adjust to your own taste with salt, pepper, chili powder…’
- ‘Plus, Dan coats the chicken with a terrific rub that features cumin, brown sugar, chili powder and other flavors.’
- ‘Most barbecue sauces are tomato-based and encompass a myriad of spices such as chili powder, paprika, and cumin.’
- ‘Let's see there's cumin, and chili powder, and cayenne pepper, and red pepper flakes, and salt.’
- ‘If you like your chocolate in a more condensed form, the pastry chef, Alex Asteinza, has constructed a round little ganache spiced with chili powder and a sweet sauce made from burnt oranges.’
- ‘Liking our food a little spicier, we increased the amount of garlic, chili powder, and cumin.’
- ‘Basil, oregano, parsley, red pepper and chili powder are all great ways to flavor a dish without adding calories, carbs or fat.’
- ‘Add the ground masala, chilli powder and garam masala powder, and fry till it is well roasted and the oil separates.’
- ‘Indian food is prepared with a variety of spices, including cumin, turmeric, chili powder, ginger, and garlic.’
- ‘For a milder flavour replace chilli powder with ground paprika.’
- ‘Choubritsa is a powdered mixture of dried winter savory, cumin, fenugreek, salt, pepper, and occasionally chilli powder.’
- ‘In a small bowl, combine sugar, paprika, salt, pepper, cumin, chilli powder and garlic.’
- ‘Add the cumin, cayenne, chili powder, and coffee and cook until aromatic.’
- ‘He went back for the very hot and spicy marinated chicken and opted for quite different oils and sauces - hot chilli, jalapenos and Cajun chilli powder.’
- ‘Its flavor is rounded out with pomegranate seeds, dried mango peel, black peppercorns, toasted cumin, coriander, red chili powder and white pepper.’
- ‘The flavor profile became more obviously Southwestern with the addition of cilantro, cumin, and chili powder.’
- ‘Johanna came round and for a change I cooked for her, a nice curry, having found garam masala and chilli powder in the local supermarket.’
- ‘Shichimi is a spice blend that contains sesame seeds, dried seaweed, dried tangerine peel, chili powder and poppy seeds.’
- ‘Add the chopped green chillies, red chilli powder, garam masala and ground ginger, and mash together.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.