One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hot dog garnished with chilli con carne.
- ‘Paul and Betty Pink borrowed $50 to buy a perambulator cart and set up shop on the corner of La Brea and Melrose, selling a 10-cent chili dog with all the fixings to studio moguls and hoboes alike.’
- ‘There was the tastiest chili dog you ever laid eyes on.’
- ‘Long before there were fast-food drive-thrus, there were carhops slinging chili dogs and orange shakes at The Varsity, which opened in 1928 and now has four locations around town.’
- ‘[Producer] Joel [Silver] kept us supplied with Polish deli sausages, and vitamins and chili dogs kept our strength up.’
- ‘In their free time, the ladies shovel down chili dogs, gamble away their stipends in casinos, and look for eligible men to date.’
- ‘You're the one who ate chili dogs and ice cream this morning… you freak!’
- ‘‘I'm in the mood for a hot chili dog and nachos with melted cheese! ‘exclaimed Kendra.’’
- ‘We ate warm chili dogs and watched little snooty five-year-old skiers walk by, kids you could tell hadn't fallen even once that day.’
- ‘That cost more than $10 so I went with the Top Dog - a chili dog with mustard, sauerkraut and bacon - sweet potato fries and a lemonade.’
- ‘Don't forget, you want him to find you hot, so don't devour your chili dog in two giant chomps.’
- ‘America, downsize your fries, unstuff your pizza, and take your chili dogs for a walk.’
- ‘And so here is Pat Miller, munching a chili dog in the middle of King James Country and calmly adjusting the control rods in the nuclear reactor.’
- ‘You start out with a half-dozen wings and move on to a large chili dog.’
- ‘I know it is hard to believe, but this chili dog from a roadside stand was the best food so far, all month long.’
- ‘And the Giants are in town to brutally beat the Cubs the next day, and I eat a knockwurst, a bratwurst and a chili dog in quick succession.’
- ‘I think I was trying to relive that Shoestring's chili dog experience I had back in Placerville.’
- ‘After golf, players gathered at caddyshack #2 and had chili dogs and hotdogs plus a few beers to wash it down.’
- ‘Seth's dad thanked his son and jammed the chili dog into his mouth.’
- ‘Just eaten a massive chili dog, got mustard all over your hands and there are no toilets in sight?’
- ‘He started a few weeks ago, showing fans how to make flat bread chili dogs and jalapeno popcorn.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.