One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for sodium nitrate, especially as a commercial product
- ‘They also get then some Chile saltpetre to get the growth in it again.’
- ‘The most common mineral is rock salt (sodium chloride, NaCl, or halite), but it occurs in many other minerals including sodium borate, sodium carbonate, sodium nitrate (Chile saltpetre).’
- ‘In 1913 the only commercial fertilizer was Chile saltpetre, and it was running out.’
- ‘Iodine is mined as sodium iodate, NaIO 3, which is present in Chile saltpetre.’
- ‘These products had long helped to boost farmers’ yields, and DAVV's hardest competition came initially from imported Chile saltpetre.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.