One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An eminent writer or illustrator of children's books who is appointed to promote and encourage children's interest in literature and reading.
- ‘Philip Pullman, Malorie Blackman, and children's laureate Julia Donaldson are the signatories to an open letter protesting against planned closures.’
- ‘Tickets for the evening give the audience a chance to meet Michael, who has just been named the new Children's Laureate.’
- ‘As Children's Laureate, Morpurgo has talked to audiences of all sizes and age spans, sharing his passion for the importance of stories.’
- ‘The radio dramas will feature the work of Anne Fine, Children's Laureate.’
- ‘A tireless campaigner for children's literature, he was, with the late Ted Hughes, responsible for establishing the post of Children's Laureate.’
- ‘The announcement of the new Children's Laureate, Malorie Blackman, caused celebrations in the publishing world last week.’
- ‘We launch the competition with an introduction by the Children's Laureate, Michael Morpurgo MBE.’
- ‘The wheels are beginning to growl into action for the appointment of the next Children's Laureate in May.’
- ‘Authors led by former children's laureate Michael Rosen say the plans pose threat to reading for pleasure in primary schools’
- ‘Children's Laureate Julia Donaldson has warned against the Government's focus on using a single method to teach youngsters to read.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.