One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Look after children in one's own home for payment.‘she decided to childmind after the birth of her child’with object ‘they were registered to childmind up to five children under eight’
look after, care for, attend to, tend, mind, minister to, take charge of, supervise, protect, guardView synonyms
- ‘I know a former teacher who decided to childmind after the birth of her child, and she is in demand.’
- ‘She shall be registered to childmind no more than four children under the age of eight.’
- ‘This was extended in 2000 to a registration to childmind up to six children.’
- ‘Mum said he could always stay at home and childmind his brother.’
- ‘We are satisfied that she was fully aware when she signed the document that she must not childmind whilst the investigations were pending.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.