One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action or practice of illegally procuring and relocating children, typically for the purposes of forced labour or sexual exploitation.‘child trafficking has become a worldwide concern in the past few years’
- ‘The conference heard that there has been a huge increase in child trafficking to Ireland over the past five years.’
- ‘The woman who handled the supposed adoption in Indonesia is now in prison facing child trafficking charges.’
- ‘Mexican police have arrested 11 people in connection with child trafficking.’
- ‘In recent years, there has been evidence of child trafficking in most major UK cities, including Nottingham, Newcastle and Leeds.’
- ‘The ship's captain denied any involvement in child trafficking.’
- ‘Child trafficking, exploitation of children in labour, sexual exploitation and child poverty are all on the increase.’
- ‘In 1987, women's groups and many other social organizations began agitating to force the government to crack down on child trafficking.’
- ‘I was wondering what can I do, as a regular citizen, about child trafficking?’
- ‘Child trafficking was a global crisis, with about 1.2 million being trafficked worldwide each year.’
- ‘Some countries have increased penalties for child trafficking.’
- ‘He is currently working on a film for Unicef on child trafficking.’
- ‘Child trafficking persists because criminal syndicates are behind the illicit trade, tourism is sometimes involved, and victims often are afraid to come forward.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.