One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The employment of children in an industry or business, especially when illegal or considered exploitative.
- ‘Although he thought that industrial child labor imperiled children's health, he did not favor its abolition at the time.’
- ‘Now, the government says it will pass laws to tightly regulate the industry and stop the use of child labor.’
- ‘I suppose even up until the mid 19th century poor children went to work, and child labour exists to this day.’
- ‘Although child labour is illegal in India, the laws are not enforced.’
- ‘It can also provide names of companies which produce goods made by child labour.’
- ‘These children, especially those in export industries, represent the most familiar face of child labour to Western eyes.’
- ‘Even in its most inhumane form, child labour, he argues, is not the problem.’
- ‘Instead of sweatshops and child labor there would be unions and literacy programs.’
- ‘Calling it a unique experiment, she hopes this interface would generate awareness about child labour in the city.’
- ‘The social profile of working children and the consequences of child labour will be monitored and analysed.’
- ‘In principle, abolition of child labour is very ideal and essential and demands our immediate attention.’
- ‘In many parts of the country and among many communities child marriage therefore remains as much a routine as child labour.’
- ‘A conclusion will sum up lessons about international business and child labor.’
- ‘Cinema theatres will continue to screen slides against the illegal practice of child labour.’
- ‘One contention we have heard is that the new minimums will practically abolish child labor in industry.’
- ‘Far from a product of the Industrial Revolution, child labor has existed since the beginning of time.’
- ‘Many other industries in India keep costs low through the use of child labor and bonded labor.’
- ‘She stressed the need for companies to act beyond their factory compounds and ensure that child labour was eradicated.’
- ‘I wonder whether they pay attention or care at all that the fashion industry does really depend on child labour.’
- ‘How does child labor, however constrained by poverty, relate to global consumerism?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.