Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A yoga pose assumed by kneeling and bending one's upper body downwards until one's head touches the floor in front of one's knees.‘I folded into the child's pose and let the sun work its magic’
- ‘She takes us through our paces as we stretch into child's pose, cat, and the ubiquitous downward dog positions.’
- ‘Every morning before I get out of bed I do pigeon pose, child's pose, and a lumbar spine twist.’
- ‘Three dancers crouched in yoga's child's pose held three others on their upper backs, then slowly rose, a trio of floating concubines.’
- ‘The child's pose is a great asana to rest in directly after practising the cat stretch.’
- ‘You may find that the blood seems to stop circulating through your legs when you first practise the child's pose, but with practice this will disappear.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.