One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There was no change of clothing to be had; wet boots enclosed ill-stockinged, chilblained feet; bodies remained unwashed through lack of basic facilities, or from sheer tiredness.’
- ‘In the long run this may lead to chilblained hands and/or feet.’
- ‘Consequently, this will result in chilblained or frostbitten hands, feet, and ears.’
- ‘Just ask the chilblained citizens of Minnesota.’
- ‘With Spartan fortitude he had to squeeze his chilblained feet into wet socks and soggy boots frozen solid.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.