One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The population, divided into a dozen chiefdoms and supported by intensive agriculture, soon rose to 15,000 or more.’
- ‘However, during the late 1800s, British troops invaded Zulu territory and divided the Zulu land into thirteen chiefdoms.’
- ‘The area was divided into independent chiefdoms.’
- ‘Within the area of his chiefdom, which extends far beyond the village, live 6,800 people.’
- ‘How do we expect development to take place in such chiefdoms?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.