One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rank in the US armed forces, above warrant officer and below the lowest-ranking commissioned officer.
- ‘It is a task-organized team consisting of a chief warrant officer and Department of the Army civilian technicians from AMC's major subordinate commands.’
- ‘The chief warrant officers and I insisted that the equipment that left our shop perform at the highest standards.’
- ‘Several years ago, two Army chief warrant officers counted on the best-case scenario.’
- ‘I am a chief warrant officer in MOS 670A, Health Services Maintenance Technician.’
- ‘The only personnel in the Army inventory that meet these requirements are chief warrant officers.’
- ‘My father, a retired Army chief warrant officer 4 and Vietnam veteran, is fighting to return to service, and to be deployed to the Mideast.’
- ‘I could not believe that a chief warrant officer 3 has a problem following regulations.’
- ‘I distinctly remember a video of a chief warrant officer asking a lieutenant: ‘Do you think we can make it between those trees?’’
- ‘Our contract linguist and a chief warrant officer two came to us as a human intelligence package and provided great support in hasty interrogation.’
- ‘He was a cook in the Air Force, retiring as a chief warrant officer after 29 years of service.’
- ‘If they want to become a sergeant first class, a chief warrant officer, or a field grade officer, for example, they are going to have to plan on some extra days, attend meetings and planning conferences, and take on additional schooling.’
- ‘This applies to staff sergeants and above, chief warrant officers two and above and first lieutenants and above to colonels.’
- ‘Oh, and there's a chief warrant officer, too!’
- ‘It is led by a 351B CI chief warrant officer and staffed with four enlisted 97B CI agents.’
- ‘They were young troopers and old soldiers, private to captain to chief warrant officer 4.’
- ‘The chief warrant officer developed several tactics, techniques and procedures to restore legacy voice routing.’
- ‘Not until after she enlisted did Mercado learn that her grandfather was a retired Army chief warrant officer.’
- ‘Upon completion of WOCD, he received a direct appointment to chief warrant officer two with an assignment to the Warrant Officer Division, PERSCOM, as an action officer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.