One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rank of non-commissioned officer in the RAF, above sergeant and below flight sergeant.
- ‘The RAF chief technician was disqualified from driving for three years after pleading guilty at Chippenham Magistrates Court on Thursday to careless driving.’
- ‘But after he appealed against the sentence at Swindon Crown Court last week, the 48-year-old RAF chief technician had the ban cut to just 12 months because he had been convicted of careless driving and not death by dangerous driving.’
- ‘The court heard that he has served in the RAF for more than 30 years and is a chief technician in a squadron responsible for servicing the Hercules transport planes at RAF Lyneham.’
- ‘He served in the RAF as a chief technician with Lyneham as his last posting before he retired from the military at 40.’
- ‘Eventually the RAF chief technician hopes to see the site turned into a nature reserve nestled between two areas of international nature importance, Flamborough Head and the Humber Estuary.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.