Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A rank of non-commissioned officer in the RAF, above sergeant and below flight sergeant.
- ‘The court heard that he has served in the RAF for more than 30 years and is a chief technician in a squadron responsible for servicing the Hercules transport planes at RAF Lyneham.’
- ‘Eventually the RAF chief technician hopes to see the site turned into a nature reserve nestled between two areas of international nature importance, Flamborough Head and the Humber Estuary.’
- ‘He served in the RAF as a chief technician with Lyneham as his last posting before he retired from the military at 40.’
- ‘The RAF chief technician was disqualified from driving for three years after pleading guilty at Chippenham Magistrates Court on Thursday to careless driving.’
- ‘But after he appealed against the sentence at Swindon Crown Court last week, the 48-year-old RAF chief technician had the ban cut to just 12 months because he had been convicted of careless driving and not death by dangerous driving.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.