One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rank of non-commissioned officer in the RAF, above sergeant and below flight sergeant.
- ‘But after he appealed against the sentence at Swindon Crown Court last week, the 48-year-old RAF chief technician had the ban cut to just 12 months because he had been convicted of careless driving and not death by dangerous driving.’
- ‘The RAF chief technician was disqualified from driving for three years after pleading guilty at Chippenham Magistrates Court on Thursday to careless driving.’
- ‘He served in the RAF as a chief technician with Lyneham as his last posting before he retired from the military at 40.’
- ‘Eventually the RAF chief technician hopes to see the site turned into a nature reserve nestled between two areas of international nature importance, Flamborough Head and the Humber Estuary.’
- ‘The court heard that he has served in the RAF for more than 30 years and is a chief technician in a squadron responsible for servicing the Hercules transport planes at RAF Lyneham.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.