One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The person in charge of a police force.‘the inquiry was led by the chief police officer in London’
- ‘I've been taking to chief police officers about how we can coordinate in communities where we know there are gang and gun problems.’
- ‘He said it should be mandatory for chief police officers to record and publish their contact with the media.’
- ‘Discussions were under way with the association of chief police officers on new initiatives to ensure electoral offenders are brought to justice.’
- ‘I want to work with chief police officers to find the best way of responding.’
- ‘Operational decision-making is conducted by professional chief police officers who have spent their whole career in policing.’
- ‘They can only open fire if given the green light by a chief police officer.’
- ‘Some chief police officers backed a proposal to raise the speed limit to 80 mph.’
- ‘Our key concern is that any changes should be fair and recognise the huge range of responsibilities chief police officers carry on behalf of the public they serve.’
- ‘"I have met with chief police officers and we have managed to get controls tightened," said Sara.’
- ‘Ministers were warned last night that the forthcoming spending cuts would force chief police officers to prioritise resources and that less visible duties could suffer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.