One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The person in charge of a police force.‘the inquiry was led by the chief police officer in London’
- ‘Our key concern is that any changes should be fair and recognise the huge range of responsibilities chief police officers carry on behalf of the public they serve.’
- ‘Ministers were warned last night that the forthcoming spending cuts would force chief police officers to prioritise resources and that less visible duties could suffer.’
- ‘He said it should be mandatory for chief police officers to record and publish their contact with the media.’
- ‘Discussions were under way with the association of chief police officers on new initiatives to ensure electoral offenders are brought to justice.’
- ‘Operational decision-making is conducted by professional chief police officers who have spent their whole career in policing.’
- ‘Some chief police officers backed a proposal to raise the speed limit to 80 mph.’
- ‘I've been taking to chief police officers about how we can coordinate in communities where we know there are gang and gun problems.’
- ‘"I have met with chief police officers and we have managed to get controls tightened," said Sara.’
- ‘They can only open fire if given the green light by a chief police officer.’
- ‘I want to work with chief police officers to find the best way of responding.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.