One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A police officer ranking above inspector and below superintendent.
- ‘The probation service has not been in good shape, as the criticisms of the quality of its work by successive chief inspectors demonstrate.’
- ‘We are talking about grass roots; we are talking about PCs, sergeants, inspectors and chief inspectors.’
- ‘I spent, I think, four weeks on a sergeant's course, a couple of weeks on an inspector's course and nothing on a chief inspector's course.’
- ‘This meeting will inform a later submission from the chief inspector to the relevant minister on what action should be taken to improve services within the council in a timely way.’
- ‘She is returning to the city centre, where she worked as a chief inspector before transferring to Merseyside as a superintendent.’
- ‘It is suggested that a public meeting on the issue will take place sometime and also the police chief inspector will be invited to voice his opinion.’
- ‘A total of 1,457 inspectors, 391 chief inspectors and 629 superintendents were questioned in the survey.’
- ‘A former police chief inspector accused of thefts totalling £20,000 has denied the offences and is to go on trial at Crown Court.’
- ‘The chief inspector said police would need the help of other agencies and the public in doing this.’
- ‘Until one very recent promotion to superintendent there were also no women above chief inspector rank, they said.’
- ‘The South Yorkshire Police vetting unit is made up of a chief inspector, another officer and three civilians who are overseen by a superintendent.’
- ‘That's £100,000 for the sake of a few eggs: or the annual salary of five more police constables, four more sergeants or two more chief inspectors.’
- ‘We have representatives - I think they are chief inspectors - from the two police stations involved.’
- ‘Sharon and I both belong to the Association of Senior Women Officers and it is really good to see the number of chief inspectors and detective chief inspectors coming through at a younger period.’
- ‘The role of the chief inspector in the criminal justice unit will be replaced by a civilian manager.’
- ‘You are a sergeant, you are an inspector, a chief inspector, superintendent.’
- ‘We asked the Treasury Solicitor to take charge of the inquiry in conjunction with a senior police officer of at least the rank of chief inspector.’
- ‘Soon after he became an inspector and worked with the motorway unit and then a chief inspector of traffic operations at the force's Hutton headquarters.’
- ‘The chief inspector told the magistrates that the pubs in the district were well run with no ‘problem premises’.’
- ‘It is not the job of the chief inspector to tell the administration what the administration wants to hear.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.