One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The flock of chiders, complainers, carpers, cavilers, and castigators makes it harder and harder to get an optimistic note in edgewise.’
- ‘The chiders labor under the misconception that ‘electricity’ is invariably made of negatively-charged particles called electrons.’
- ‘They may chide occasionally but this is done from the perspective of the chidee rather than the chider.’
- ‘I think my readers (the chiders and condemners) in San Miguel de Allende might breathe a collective sigh of relief over this announcement.’
- ‘The High Bailiff shall make a stool and mend the pillory to punish chiders and scolders by Christmas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.