One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I think my readers (the chiders and condemners) in San Miguel de Allende might breathe a collective sigh of relief over this announcement.’
- ‘The chiders labor under the misconception that ‘electricity’ is invariably made of negatively-charged particles called electrons.’
- ‘The High Bailiff shall make a stool and mend the pillory to punish chiders and scolders by Christmas.’
- ‘They may chide occasionally but this is done from the perspective of the chidee rather than the chider.’
- ‘The flock of chiders, complainers, carpers, cavilers, and castigators makes it harder and harder to get an optimistic note in edgewise.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.