One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An infectious disease of fowls, a form of pasteurellosis.
- ‘Beginning around 1876 Pasteur's studies on chicken cholera led to the development of vaccines to fight the disease.’
- ‘Next in line was saving the world from smallpox, chicken cholera, rabies and anthrax.’
- ‘To head off competitors, Pasteur had purposely withheld reporting the simple method he used to prepare the chicken cholera vaccine.’
- ‘The first disease this team worked on was chicken cholera - a disease that affected many poultry farmers.’
- ‘As Thailand's chicken industry feels the brunt of the latest outbreak of chicken cholera, at least one group of farmers is celebrating.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.