One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A film which appeals to young women.
- ‘Of course, I didn't tell him it was a chick flick.’
- ‘Yes, if you want to get technical, this is a chick flick.’
- ‘However, guys, if the little lady is intent on catching a chick flick, you could do a lot worse.’
- ‘I would call this more of a date movie than a chick flick, and its charm won me over.’
- ‘He felt like one of those idiots in a chick flick mooning over the movie's lead.’
- ‘I figured maybe a chick flick would cheer you up after your encounter with Conner today,’
- ‘Yes, it was indeed a Hollywood chick flick in the making.’
- ‘You'll never stumble across a movie that is a better example of a chick flick.’
- ‘We watched a comedy, which was a good compromise for a chick flick and a manly man movie.’
- ‘With its blend of floaty dresses, verbal warfare, near tragedy, comedy and romance, this is the ultimate chick flick and doubtless there will be many more versions of it to come.’
- ‘Its one of those films that works great both as a guy flick and a chick flick, which is pretty rare.’
- ‘I told him I was surprised that Amy wanted to see an action movie rather than a chick flick, and he smiled.’
- ‘Not many guys stayed up till the end of the movie since it was a chick flick.’
- ‘At the end of the movie, a typical chick flick, the guy asked the girl to marry him.’
- ‘Josh even promised that if they went to a chick flick, he wouldn't make comments about how stupid the characters acted.’
- ‘Here is a movie that looks like a chick flick and smells like a chick flick, but turned out to be a fun romp with more than a few nifty action sequences.’
- ‘A very attractive woman can always help smooth over the seemingly endless supply of minutes in a chick flick.’
- ‘It's a chick flick that your average home theater nerd isn't going to bother with.’
- ‘‘This film definitely isn't just a chick flick,’ the actor points out.’
- ‘The picture could have been a scene right out of a chick flick.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.