One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A language family of Colombia and Central America, most members of which are now extinct or nearly so.
- ‘Both the Sumu and Miskito languages are derived from the Chibchan Indian language family of South America.’
- ‘Some Chibchan languages still survive in Colombia and Central America.’
- ‘The peoples who lived in the area where the balls are found were Chibchan speakers.’
- ‘Some of these families, such as Uto-Aztecan, overlap into North America, and others, such as Chibchan and Maipurean, extend from South America into Middle America.’
- ‘Here is the subtree for Chibchan.’
- ‘The language of the Cunas belongs to the Chibchan group of languages.’
Relating to Chibchan.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.