Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A statistical method assessing the goodness of fit between a set of observed values and those expected theoretically.
- ‘Statistical significance of rescue experiments was assessed using the chi-square test.’
- ‘It was demonstrated that the statistical power of the chi-square test, for detecting disequilibrium between two loci with two alleles each, depends strongly on the sign of disequilibrium.’
- ‘To assess statistical significance chi-square tests of association and confidence intervals are provided.’
- ‘I used contingency table analyses and chi-square tests to assess differences in fidelity according to breeding performance, residency status, and study site categories.’
- ‘These papers contain contributions to regression analysis, the correlation coefficient and includes the chi-square test of statistical significance.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.