One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Rich looks slighter than I remember, and he is sounding bad, coughing chestily into his fist.’
- ‘He nodded and coughed chestily; his eyes in the sky.’
- ‘Can a lot of sopranos chestily growl the Habañera?’
- ‘He is fine company and laughs chestily at times, even if for the most part he assumes the patented demeanour of the serious, centred actor.’
- ‘I come down here wrapped in scarves, gloves and winter apparel, wheezing chestily and barely able to speak.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.