One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pig of a prolific white breed, developed in North America.
- ‘In addition, Miller is active in a pork production partnership, raising purebred Chester Whites, Hampshires and Yorkshires.’
- ‘The family developed a herd of about 200 Chester Whites, running a farrow-to-finish operation, selling the market hogs to Hormel on a grade-and-yield basis.’
- ‘Among the lard hogs are the Chester Whites, the Duroc-Jersey, the Poland China, the Berkshire, and smaller Hampshires.’
- ‘The strengths of the Chester White breed are: mothering ability, durability, and soundness.’
- ‘Animals used in these studies were crosses between Yorkshires and Chester Whites.’
- ‘I wanted to move back home and raise purebred Chester Whites.’
Named after Chester county, Pennsylvania.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.