One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pig of a prolific white breed, developed in North America.
- ‘Animals used in these studies were crosses between Yorkshires and Chester Whites.’
- ‘I wanted to move back home and raise purebred Chester Whites.’
- ‘The family developed a herd of about 200 Chester Whites, running a farrow-to-finish operation, selling the market hogs to Hormel on a grade-and-yield basis.’
- ‘In addition, Miller is active in a pork production partnership, raising purebred Chester Whites, Hampshires and Yorkshires.’
- ‘The strengths of the Chester White breed are: mothering ability, durability, and soundness.’
- ‘Among the lard hogs are the Chester Whites, the Duroc-Jersey, the Poland China, the Berkshire, and smaller Hampshires.’
Named after Chester county, Pennsylvania.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.