One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The lowest register of the voice in singing or speaking.
- ‘I've never heard a girl sing like Theresa, with a full chest voice, I've never heard a girl do that.’
- ‘She doesn't shy away from using her chest voice campily, and her upper registers are no less thrilling.’
- ‘The next chapter, about the chest voice, is titled ‘Making Your Speaking Voice Sing.’’
- ‘On occasion the score seemed a little out of reach, but effective transitions between a strong falsetto and good chest voice minimised the negative impact of these vocal limitations.’
- ‘Certainly in Baroque music the chest voice was fully exploited, a fact largely ignored in performances today.’
- ‘Astounding again are Hampson's vocal options displayed here, from ordinary chest voice to virtuous trills.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.