One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A freezer with a hinged lid rather than a door.
- ‘Once, when one of my tenants left, he forgot to empty the chest freezer which was full of meat.’
- ‘If you choose a chest freezer with a counterbalanced door, the daily joy of cracking yourself on the head as you reach for the orange sorbet becomes a thing of the past.’
- ‘Drugs were found next to a bed in an upstairs room and further amounts were discovered in a chest freezer in the lounge.’
- ‘Then, I put the casseroles together, wrap them carefully and put them in the bottom of a chest freezer or on the bottom of shelves.’
- ‘Further spot checks carried out by the inspectors revealed a broken chest freezer lid and a dangerously placed electric saw.’
- ‘A chest freezer against the far wall, which Diana made a beeline for, was the newest appliance in there.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.