One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The attribute of grace, benevolence, or compassion, especially (in Kabbalism) as one of the sephiroth.
- ‘Abraham was famous for his acts of chesed, kindness.’
- ‘Thus the act of chesed is an act whose dynamics lie in the giver's domain.’
- ‘God is also constantly engaged in sustaining all of Creation through acts of chesed.’
- ‘Within the sphere of visible action, chesed is without cause, a proactive expression of expansiveness.’
- ‘For God to have created the world at all was nothing short of an act of chesed!’
Hebrew ḥeseḏ ‘grace, loving-kindness’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.