One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These fracture zones occur as parallel layers alternating with cherty lithons, typically 5 mm wide, giving the rock a banded appearance.’
- ‘The cherty carbonate rocks are resistant to weathering, and regions underlain by them may stand above the surrounding terrain.’
- ‘The underlying soils are acidic, cherty, infertile, and permeable to water.’
- ‘Nevertheless, many tectonic ironstones are rather massive, cherty rocks, suggesting that early structural fabrics were annihilated by late-stage chert replacement.’
- ‘The material was obtained from a cherty layer of sedimentary interbeds and is included in the Kirkpatrick Formation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.