One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The treatment of disease by the use of chemical substances, especially the treatment of cancer by cytotoxic and other drugs.
- ‘You will need to visit hospital a number of times to have radiotherapy or chemotherapy.’
- ‘This is used less often than surgery and chemotherapy to treat ovarian cancer.’
- ‘We can offer you treatment with chemotherapy, and I would definitely advise you to accept it.’
- ‘Radiotherapy or chemotherapy may also be required if the cancer has spread.’
- ‘Some of it is because we use chemotherapy, some of it is because we use radiation therapy.’
- ‘Beryl now has to make a decision about having chemotherapy because the cancer has spread.’
- ‘David endured gruelling chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatment as well as major surgery.’
- ‘Current chemotherapy is much safer and more effective than previous treatments.’
- ‘The youngster had to undergo treatment which included radiotherapy and chemotherapy.’
- ‘When chemotherapy failed to induce remission he made a brave decision not to have any more.’
- ‘Her treatment was a course of chemotherapy and radiotherapy followed by a lumpectomy.’
- ‘Usually small cell lung cancers spread quickly, and the best treatment is chemotherapy.’
- ‘The main treatments for bone cancer are chemotherapy, radiotherapy, and surgery.’
- ‘Different chemotherapy drugs may be used alone or in combinations of two or more drugs.’
- ‘Medicines are available which reduce the side-effects of chemotherapy such as nausea.’
- ‘If the cancer has spread to the liver or lungs, then chemotherapy is often tried first.’
- ‘There seemed only a slim chance she would survive but after chemotherapy the cancer went away.’
- ‘Cancer treatment using chemotherapy or radiotherapy can also make men infertile.’
- ‘In addition he developed lung cancer, though he seemed to have responded well to chemotherapy.’
- ‘Many cancer cells damaged by chemotherapy can go on to repair their DNA and then reform.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.