One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sensory cell or organ responsive to chemical stimuli.
- ‘For this reason, we would not expect this to cause stimulation of the chemoreceptors, which would affect autonomic modulation.’
- ‘A variety of inputs from chemoreceptors and mechanoreceptors can contribute to the arousal response that terminates a period of apnea in OSA patients.’
- ‘This response is mediated primarily through the peripheral chemoreceptors.’
- ‘Central chemoreceptors are distributed at many locations within the brainstem.’
- ‘The central hydrogen ion chemoreceptors are somewhat redundant, sensing the same stimulus as the carotid bodies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.