Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A sensory cell or organ responsive to chemical stimuli.
- ‘For this reason, we would not expect this to cause stimulation of the chemoreceptors, which would affect autonomic modulation.’
- ‘This response is mediated primarily through the peripheral chemoreceptors.’
- ‘The central hydrogen ion chemoreceptors are somewhat redundant, sensing the same stimulus as the carotid bodies.’
- ‘Central chemoreceptors are distributed at many locations within the brainstem.’
- ‘A variety of inputs from chemoreceptors and mechanoreceptors can contribute to the arousal response that terminates a period of apnea in OSA patients.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.