One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sensory cell or organ responsive to chemical stimuli.
- ‘A variety of inputs from chemoreceptors and mechanoreceptors can contribute to the arousal response that terminates a period of apnea in OSA patients.’
- ‘For this reason, we would not expect this to cause stimulation of the chemoreceptors, which would affect autonomic modulation.’
- ‘The central hydrogen ion chemoreceptors are somewhat redundant, sensing the same stimulus as the carotid bodies.’
- ‘This response is mediated primarily through the peripheral chemoreceptors.’
- ‘Central chemoreceptors are distributed at many locations within the brainstem.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.