Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The use of drugs to prevent disease.
- ‘However, there is no evidence that chemoprophylaxis prevents late-onset disease.’
- ‘It reviews key risk factors for malaria acquisition, measures to prevent mosquito bites, and drugs approved for chemoprophylaxis.’
- ‘Early detection of HIV optimizes chemoprophylaxis for opportunistic infections and provides an opportunity for secondary HIV prevention.’
- ‘To prevent recurrence of serious bacterial respiratory infections, antibiotic chemoprophylaxis may be considered.’
- ‘According to ACIP, chemoprophylaxis is not a substitute for vaccination.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.