One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of drugs to prevent disease.
- ‘However, there is no evidence that chemoprophylaxis prevents late-onset disease.’
- ‘Early detection of HIV optimizes chemoprophylaxis for opportunistic infections and provides an opportunity for secondary HIV prevention.’
- ‘To prevent recurrence of serious bacterial respiratory infections, antibiotic chemoprophylaxis may be considered.’
- ‘According to ACIP, chemoprophylaxis is not a substitute for vaccination.’
- ‘It reviews key risk factors for malaria acquisition, measures to prevent mosquito bites, and drugs approved for chemoprophylaxis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.