One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance which attracts motile cells of a particular type.‘a fibroblast chemoattractant’
- ‘Netrins are chemoattractants for commissural axons in the vertebral spinal cord.’
- ‘Both C3a and C5a are also known chemoattractants for inflammatory cells.’
- ‘These activated cells release chemoattractants and growth factors that result in cellular proliferation and granuloma formation.’
- ‘The release of the chemoattractant IL - 8 by isolated cells may help explain the neutrophil infiltration that occurs later during VILI.’
- ‘This fungus has just two mating types and pheromones are secreted to act as chemoattractants for identifying compatible mating partners.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.