Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A substance which attracts motile cells of a particular type.
- ‘These activated cells release chemoattractants and growth factors that result in cellular proliferation and granuloma formation.’
- ‘Netrins are chemoattractants for commissural axons in the vertebral spinal cord.’
- ‘This fungus has just two mating types and pheromones are secreted to act as chemoattractants for identifying compatible mating partners.’
- ‘Both C3a and C5a are also known chemoattractants for inflammatory cells.’
- ‘The release of the chemoattractant IL - 8 by isolated cells may help explain the neutrophil infiltration that occurs later during VILI.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.