One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A toilet that is not connected to a sewage system but has a compartment in which waste is treated with chemicals for temporary storage.‘the chemical toilet had been emptied and cleaned’
- ‘In those days it was a fifteen hour ride, with only one chemical toilet at the back.’
- ‘Its odour eliminator is so powerful that it is used in the chemical toilets at Glastonbury Festival.’
- ‘It was only about 20 years ago when the first sewers were put in the village; before then the village was serviced by chemical toilets.’
- ‘The tourism department now insists on all boats having chemical toilets, which need be cleaned once every few months.’
- ‘They don't yet have the lavatory connected and are using a chemical toilet.’
- ‘Its outside chemical toilet was blown away in gales in January.’
- ‘The small shower in his own bathroom and the chemical toilet sufficed for pressing hygienic needs.’
- ‘Rows of chemical toilets line the streets, serving approximately five households each.’
- ‘The public toilets have been cleaned up and three chemical toilets have been placed in the park.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.