Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A process that involves rearrangement of the molecular or ionic structure of a substance, as distinct from a change in physical form or a nuclear reaction.
- ‘They each have different chemical reactions because of their molecular structure.’
- ‘An exothermic reaction is a chemical reaction which produces heat.’
- ‘Atoms of these elements have six valence electrons and tend to gain or acquire electrons in chemical reactions.’
- ‘Soaps are created by the chemical reaction of a fatty acid with an alkali metal hydroxide.’
- ‘A burning cigarette is a complex system in which many types of chemical reactions and physical processes occur in parallel.’
- ‘Energy is not only involved in chemical reactions and technology, but also in our basic bodily functions.’
- ‘Most possess only the vaguest understanding of molecules, chemical reactions, and research methods.’
- ‘This is what scientists call a physical process, because no chemical reactions take place.’
- ‘The energy involved in a chemical reaction can be related to the differences in energy between the reactants and products.’
- ‘Liquid ammonia is also utilized as a solvent in certain chemical reactions.’
- ‘Enthalpy is more useful to chemists than energy when measuring the heat involved in chemical reactions.’
- ‘Temperature can determine which ions can form or remain stable enough to enter into chemical reactions.’
- ‘The heat triggers a chemical reaction that turns the polymers into a hard, incredibly sturdy structure.’
- ‘It was undergoing a chemical reaction and increasing the carbon dioxide.’
- ‘His was the first group to study chemical reactions in this way under molecular beam conditions.’
- ‘They are catalysts that either begin chemical reactions or speed up chemical reactions already in progress.’
- ‘The state of matter may affect the way in which the molecule takes part in a chemical reaction.’
- ‘The fuel cell generates electricity as a by-product of a chemical reaction involving dilute methanol.’
- ‘The arrow in a chemical equation represents the process of the chemical reaction.’
- ‘But what happens to a chemical reaction if the reagents are not in an ideal ratio?’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.