One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A thermodynamic function expressing the ability of an uncharged atom or molecule in a chemical system to perform physical work.
- ‘It creates a chemical potential or concentration gradient between the opposite sides of the membrane while also creating an electrical potential.’
- ‘The mechanism of water transport across the cuticle is a simple diffusion process along a gradient of the chemical potential of water.’
- ‘The chemical potential of plants is however, still largely unexplored.’
- ‘These chemical potentials are obtained as derivatives of the time-dependent free energy with respect to the local density of proteins.’
- ‘It is important to eliminate duplicate conformations so that no conformations are counted as contributing more than once to the chemical potential.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.