One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A thermodynamic function expressing the ability of an uncharged atom or molecule in a chemical system to perform physical work.
- ‘It is important to eliminate duplicate conformations so that no conformations are counted as contributing more than once to the chemical potential.’
- ‘It creates a chemical potential or concentration gradient between the opposite sides of the membrane while also creating an electrical potential.’
- ‘These chemical potentials are obtained as derivatives of the time-dependent free energy with respect to the local density of proteins.’
- ‘The mechanism of water transport across the cuticle is a simple diffusion process along a gradient of the chemical potential of water.’
- ‘The chemical potential of plants is however, still largely unexplored.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.